This is a list of some helpful tips and tricks. Feel free to add your own to this list!
- Being big is no guarantee of success! Even the smallest snake can “pop” the largest if it positions itself correctly. As you grow larger, it can pay off to move further from the center and adopt a conservative strategy.
- Unlike in the similar Agar.io, you do not lose any length over time. Therefore there’s no rush to keep eating pellets and you can take as much time as you’d like to enjoy being large.
- “Coiling” is a popular strategy that involves using your length to create a complete circle around an opponent and slowing crushing them until they’re forced to run into you and “pop”. However, while coiling around an opponent you present a much smaller target and are vulnerable to being coiled yourself!
- Don’t be afraid to cross your own tail. Unlike in the classic arcade game, you’re free to cross your own tail in Slither.io. This can be used to your advantage if you need to get away from a player who’s trying to get in your way or to block someone from picking up a large amount of pellets you’re aiming for.
- Be cautious around snakes that are the same color and size as yourself. You may think you’re crossing your own tail only to find it was an opponent, but by then it will be too late!